A submission is currently being formulated by the National Acupuncture Detoxification Association of South Africa (NADA S.A.) and will be presented to the Minister of Health for approval. Once it is approved by the Minister, its faces public / portfolio committee hearings where the public and role players can express support or concerns. It is then presented before parliament as a bill and if approved, the new profession is legislated.
Only once this happens can prospective practitioners apply for practice numbers under the new sub-register.
Course feesR7500.00. From time to time, NADA S.A. has full & partial bursaries for people intending to use the protocol in community outreach treatment facilities, however we do not have any bursaries available at this time. Contact us if you would like to sponsor the course fee of a student/s.
IncludedCourse instruction, course manual, practice rubber ear rubber, needles and all other treatment materials. Supervised training after the theoretic period is completed as well as telephonic support as and when needed. First year NADA S.A. Membership fee of R650.00 /year.
Recommended reading:These links go through to Amazon.com, but all of these books can be ordered through Kalahari.net or Exclusive Books in South Africa and delivered within 21 days.
- Auriculotherapy Manual: Chinese and Western Systems of Ear Acupuncture by: Terry Oleson
- The web that has no weaver : Understanding Chinese Medicine by: Ted J. Kaptchuk
- The Tao of Health, Sex and Longevity by: Daniel P. Reid
- N.A.D.A. USA Specialist Certification Annual Registration Fee ($65)
- Annual AHPCSA membership fee (Still to be determined)
- Ear Magnets